WAU BULAN

Wednesday 20 August 2014

INTRODUCTION

          Assalamualaikum w.b.t to all..First of all my name is Nur Amal Asyikin bt Ab Rahim. As this is my first writing , I feel appreciated and glad to be given the opportunity to write about a topic that I really excited to write about which is about Malay kites. I am a Kelantanese who is eager to know about the types of kites in Malaysia as before this I only know Wau Bulan which is widely known in my state, Kelantan Darul Naim.

International kite festival
          I also very excited to do this writing because recently I've just visited the international kite festival held in Kelantan  which has attracted more than 300 participants from within and outside the country. The festival is a traditional game show is still interested in the various races from many countries. Apart from Kelantan, there is also international kite festival held at the end of the second week in February each year in Pasir Gudang, Johor. Pasir Gudang kite festival is known around the world as an intersection point for kiters from around the world. At this festival, kite fliers from Europe, India, China, Australia, New Zealand, the United States and Canada will mix and socialize with kiters flying traditional Malaysian "wau" kites. 

          From festivals like this, people can learn and see different types of kites are created, including from their own country, Malaysia that is famous for its kites for centuries. They also can see and learn how to make kites whether the traditional or already modernized.
        

No comments:

Post a Comment